To decrease the suffering caused by a diagnosis of lung cancer by raising much needed money for lung cancer research, education, and community support.
FACTS ABOUT LUNG CANCER:
- Fact, every three minutes someone dies from lung cancer.
- Fact, lung cancer is the least funded of all major cancers.
- Fact, lung cancer takes more lives than breast, colon, prostrate, liver, melanoma and kidney cancers combined.
- Fact, lung cancer accounts for more deaths than any other cancer in both men and women.
- Fact, estimated lung cancer deaths in 2012, 160,340.
- Fact, an estimated 226,260 new lung cancer diagnosis are expected in 2012.
- Fact, if you have lungs you can get lung cancer.
- Fact, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
- Fact, overall five year survival rate has not changed in over 40 years. It still remains at 15%.
HOW YOUR DOLLAR WILL BE SPENT:
For every dollar donated 55 cents will go to research, 10 cents will go to education, 29 cents will go to community support and 6 cents will go to administrative expenses. How can we keep our expenses so low? Free ME from Lung Cancer is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to making change.